I will post your week at a glance and assignments here every week!
MODULE #1 (August 14-23) - IN-CLASS ACTIVITIES
Wednesday, August 14 - Syllabus, Book Checkout and Get to Know You
Thursday, August 15 - Seating Chart, Module Expectations, Good Questions vs. Bad Questions, Cornell Notes, Work Time
Friday, August 16 - Pre-Test, Work Time
Monday, August 19 - Pre-Test Results, Note Check, Interesting Questions, Multiple Choice Questions by Objective
Tuesday, August 20 - Political Culture Activity
Wednesday, August 21 - Political Ideology Test - Ideology Paper Due (see below for details)
Thursday, August 22 - Discussion Day
Friday, August 23 - Formative Quiz over Ch.1, Work Time for Module #2
MODULE #1 (August 14-23) - ASSIGNMENTS
*Assignments 1-4 DUE on Monday, August 18th.
*Assignment 5 Due on Thursday, August 22nd.
- Watch Cornell note video posted above as a reminder of what you are required to do for this first week.
- Read and take Cornell Notes over Ch.1 of Schmidt (1-28)
- View the PPT for Ch.1
- Watch and take Cornell Notes over the Hippocampus video on Theories of Democracy
- Write a 1st person, two page, 12 font, double spaced paper answering the following items:
- Describe the results of your test? Please explain what a person in your ideology typically believes.
- How does the test result fit with what you think generally about politics?
- Describe your family interaction in regards to politics. Is it a common discussion topic or do you barely discuss politics? Is there general agreement or disagreement? Do you come from a politically divided home?
- How does your ideology fit with your perceptions of your parent's or friends political beliefs?
- Upload your paper to http://www.dropitto.me/rkeller89 Your password is: titans